It’s rare to find studies that highlight the value and economic impact of networking platforms – social or video – as Google just did for YouTube.
Below is a summary of key information about the platform’s impact in Canada in 2021 taken from the press release.
- YouTube allows us to enrich our knowledge: In Quebec, 93% of users say they use YouTube to get information and gain knowledge.
- YouTube in French: 78% of Quebecers agree that it is easy to find content in the language of their choice on YouTube.
- The number of people earning $100,000 on the platform is growing: the number of YouTube channels earning over $100,000 CAD has increased by 35% compared to the previous year.
- YouTube puts Canadian culture on the global stage: 78% of creators agree that YouTube helps them export their content to international audiences they wouldn’t otherwise be able to reach.
- YouTube also supports small and medium businesses : 80% of small and medium businesses with a YouTube channel agree that the platform has played a role in expanding their customer base by reaching new audiences.
The next time you click on YouTube in your bookmark bank, you are likely to look with a different eye at the benefits and impacts of such a platform on our economy, or even our society in general.
More information about study here.
“Subtly charming problem solver. Extreme tv enthusiast. Web scholar. Evil beer expert. Music nerd. Food junkie.”