The secret to an accurate real estate appraisal is to make the most of your home’s current value and potential future value. Real estate values, like everything else, are affected by supply and demand. To make your home appear more valuable, there are a couple of things that you should do.
Simple Tricks You Can Do
The following tricks will help you make your home’s value look as if it is higher than it really is:
- Use your house for its highest and best use – When you list your home, there’s a chance that it will be bought and sold by a real estate investor. The higher the value of your home is, the more you can get out of the deal. It is just like gambling at Zodiac Casino online; the more you bet https://www.casinos.community/zodiac-casino-review- the more you get in return;
- Paint and repaint the outside – Repainting your home’s exterior gives a quick fix to give the home a higher value. Many homes get sold for a lower price because of their outdated and ugly paint jobs;
- Give it an attention-grabbing facelift – It’s OK to add new paint colors, lighting, flooring, furniture, and countertops. However, it’s not OK to change the structure or structural elements of the home, like removing a porch. New appliances and plumbing systems do raise home values;
- Add valuable features and upgrades – Adding a swimming pool, a spa, a tennis court, a sauna, a guest house, or an elevator make your home more desirable. Adding new appliances can also help raise home values;
- You should also invest time and energy in keeping the outside of your home clean. You can even invest money in a few cleaning professionals to come in and give your home a professional cleaning.
How to Avoid a Low Appraised Home?
Here are some ways to avoid a low appraised home:
- Know your rights – As the homeowner, you have the right to refuse a low appraisal. You should know about your appraisal rights. For example, if your house is appraised for $500,000 and then the appraiser tells you that it is worth $200,000, you have a right to appeal the appraisal and get it reviewed;
- Stay current – As a homebuyer, you want to know about your home’s value. If you buy a home for $500,000 and it’s worth $500,000, that’s a lot of money to spend on a home that could be worth less in a few years. You want to know what the future could hold so you’re not buying into a home that’s likely to depreciate in value;
- Know your value – A low appraisal can happen if the appraiser doesn’t know your home. For example, you don’t want to hire someone who lives in a town across the state. You want to hire an appraiser who is familiar with your community.
Stick to the above to get the max out of the deal.
“Proud thinker. Tv fanatic. Communicator. Evil student. Food junkie. Passionate coffee geek. Award-winning alcohol advocate.”