governments Canada And theOntario It has partnered to support large-scale fiber optic network projects that will provide high-speed Internet access to 280,000 homes in rural and remote areas of the province. This unprecedented agreement, announce On July 29, 2021, it was completed thanks to a federal and regional investment of more than $1.2 billion. governments Canada And theOntario They are now revealing details of the projects selected under this agreement.
Today’s announcement builds on the progress already made by the government Canada To connect 98% of Canadians with high-speed internet by 2026, and 100% by 2030. GovernmentOntario Committed to having a reliable high-speed internet connection in all areas of the province by 2025. As we work to complete post-pandemic recovery and grow the economy, governments across Canada And theOntario Continuing to invest in infrastructure to build more vibrant, competitive and resilient societies through Ontario And across the country.
“We need to bridge the communication gap and make sure every nook and cranny is in theOntario Access to a reliable and high-speed Internet service, Hickson to me Beachville, via Ostrander. The more than $6 million in funding announced today, which will connect 1,191 rural homes across the province, is good news for Ontarians. Investments of this kind create jobs, improve access to health services and e-learning, and facilitate communication between people. Government Canada It will continue to make investments like this in order to achieve its goal of connecting 98% of citizens 2026 and All Canadians by 2030.”
– Minister of Rural Economic Development Mr. Judy Hutchings
“Our government has developed a comprehensive plan to help provide high-speed, reliable internet to all Ontarians by the end of 2025. No one will be left behind. By working with our federal partners and ISPs, we are expanding high-speed internet access to more communities. So, everyone will be able to connect online, whether to access essential health services, get an education, work, start a business, or even connect with loved ones.”
– Minister of InfrastructureOntariohonorable Kinga Surma
“This is great news forOntario. The pandemic has shown us how important high-speed internet access is. Government Canada Understands the need to connect rural and remote areas via Canada, including Ontario. »
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Defense. Brian May
This announcement is a major step towards providing a reliable, high-speed internet connection to everyone in Oxford. By doing so, we give our rural residents and businesses the opportunity to participate and thrive in the digital world. »
– MPP for Oxford, Ernie Hardman
- The projects announced today are receiving more than $6 million in funding from governments around the world Canada And theOntario To connect 1,191 rural homes to a high-speed internetOntario. Internet services will be provided by Execulink Telecom.
- The Canadian Communication Strategy It aims to provide all Canadians with access to internet speeds of at least 50 Mbps (Mbps) for download and at least 10 Mbps for upload.
- The Universal Broadband Fund (FLBU) government Canada It has a budget of $2.75 billion. This fund is designed to help connect 98% of Canadians to high-speed internet by 2026 and 100% of the population by 2030. The 2030 deadline applies to families who are most difficult to connect.
- On July 29, 2021, the partnership Canada–Ontario broadband was announcement. This agreement will connect 280,000 families inOntario Broadband services through investments totaling $1.2 billion, equally funded by two levels of government.
- In 2021, the governmentOntario Announcing projects across the county, including 6 projects in north me’Ontarioand 17 projects managed exclusively by the province under the Communication Improvement Program in Ontario.
- Another government measureOntario To achieve its goal of complete connectivity in all districts of the province, a New competitive process Led by Infrastructure Ontario, it will connect more homes and businesses in underserved and underserved communities.
- governments Canada And theOntario Both have committed up to $71 million in partnership withEastern Ontario Regional Network To improve cellular services in Eastern Ontario.
- GovernmentOntario invest in Southwest Integrated Fiber Technology Project (in English) To provide more than 58,000 homes, farms and businesses in the SouthwestOntario High speed internet. The province has also invested in high-speed internet projects to improve connectivity in rural areas and north me’Ontarioespecially through Heritage Fund Management Company north me’Ontario And the Next Generation Networks Pilot Program (Einglish).
Follow innovation, science and economic development Canada On Twitter: ISED_CA
SOURCE INNOVATION, SCIENCE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT Canada
For more information: Government of Canada: Luka Vujic, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister for Rural Economic Development, 343-571-9582, [email protected]; Media Relations, Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Canada, 343-291-1777, Available here. [email protected]; Government of Ontario: Hayley Cooper, Office of the Minister for Infrastructure, The Honorable Kinga Surma, [email protected]; Sofia Souza Dias, Directorate of Communications, Ministry of Infrastructure, [email protected]
“Subtly charming problem solver. Extreme tv enthusiast. Web scholar. Evil beer expert. Music nerd. Food junkie.”