A 7-year-old boy dies of a brain-eating amoeba caught in a lake

Young David Pruitt died in hospital from an infection, possibly after contracting a brain-eating amoeba while swimming in a lake.

page GoFundMe It was created to financially support the family of this young American, in the face of the exorbitant costs of treating primary amoebic meningoencephalitis.

A fatal nervous system infection usually occurs due to the presence in the brain of amoebae, a microorganism that can enter through the nose when the victim swims in hot, polluted fresh water.

David was hospitalized on July 30, and died eight days later at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, California.

The fundraiser has already raised more than $22,000, and the family has taken advantage of their appearance to invite contributors to visit.”Kyle Cares Amoeba AwarenessLearn more about this infection and how to protect yourself and your family. And they cautioned in their article, “Take the time to learn the signs and symptoms.”

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that the amoeba naegleria fowleri is the cause of primary amoebic meningoencephalitis. Only 4 of the 148 people infected in the United States survived between 1962 and 2019, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

See also  Can you change the vaccine to the second dose in order to pass your health in time for it?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *