type of employment : permanent – full time
WSP It is one of the largest professional services companies in the world. Our mission is to ensure the sustainability of our cities and environments.
Our team has more than 55,000 members worldwide. In Canada alone, we have over 9,800 people engaged in all fields; From environmental reform to urban planning, from engineering distinctive buildings to achieving sustainable transportation networks. We find new ways to extract essential resources and develop renewable energy sources for the future.
We are known for the excellence we demonstrate in our professional environment and the superior quality of our work. We’re one of LinkedIn’s top 25 employers for the second year in a row and one of the world’s top 100 sustainability companies (within Canada’s Top 10). We have earned Platinum Elite recognition with our participation in more than half of Canada’s top 100 infrastructure projects.
- We place great value on our employees and our reputation.
- We operate locally but on an international scale.
- We focus on the future and challenge the status quo.
- We foster collaboration in everything we do.
- We support a culture of independence and accountability.
Chief Privacy Officer at WSP Global Inc. Privacy program management support. The successful candidate will ensure the effective implementation of projects and program controls related to compliance with local and international privacy and data protection laws and WSP policies. He will also serve as WSP Canada’s Chief Privacy Officer. He will report directly to the Head of Ethics and Compliance and General Counsel for Global Legal Operations.
Why choose WSP?
- We value cultureinclusion And the’membership We are committed to preserving it.
- our Flexible work policy We understand the importance of balancing our professional and private lives and encourage you to find your own. We support you at work and beyond so that you are fully present at work and at home.
- WSP is a success story Canadian We are proud to wear the red and white of our beautiful country and show the world all that Canada has to offer.
- WSP choose to become better The world around us, including the environment, road infrastructure, buildings, and land uses. WSP make up our country.
- Fromexcellent Career Prospects – We are growing and striving every day to outdo ourselves. We are open to for you ideas and want to try the new Things.
- WSP means embracing culture cooperation Exceptional with colleagues, who are equally distinguished skills Only by the humility they show in their work of great importance. Come meet our amazing team!
Nous offrons à nos employés des salaires concurrentiels, une culture d’entreprise exceptionnelle et des avantages sociaux complets axés sur les employés, dont une plateforme en ligne de santé et de mieux-être, ainsi que des programs ne éparants int’éparants vision For the future.
- Act as the primary and expert contact for all privacy program inquiries and play a key role in privacy compliance and best practices within the organization when it comes to the interpretation and application of internal laws and policies.
- Maintain and develop a global network of regional privacy representatives and communicate regularly with each of them to coordinate implementation of key elements of the privacy program, where necessary, such as training and communications.
- Define, implement, monitor, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the policies, procedures, controls, and other deliverables relevant to the Global Privacy Program.
- Annually develop, implement and publish privacy training and global communications projects.
- Ensure the implementation and updating of systems, controls, processes and procedures related to the protection of personal information. This includes in-company agreement within the enterprise, data assignment records, data processing records, retention protocols, etc.
- Communicate and collaborate with our Chief Information Security Officer, Head of IT and Legal teams to assess privacy issues and risks in the context of cyber incidents and data breaches and participate in reporting and reporting assessments.
- Conduct due diligence activities to assess privacy programs and risks for target companies in the context of mergers and acquisitions, and manage integration efforts.
- Lead reviews of privacy measures for global contracts and negotiate provisions for data protection additions, including oversight of external legal counsel responsible for such reviews or negotiation.
- Provide advice on privacy compliance, complete privacy impact assessments, and ensure that recommendations are effectively and consistently implemented.
- Identify risks and contentious issues, monitor changes to best practices and legal requirements, and brief senior management.
- In addition to their global role, the incumbent will also serve as WSP Canada’s Chief Privacy Officer and oversee efforts to develop, implement, and improve WSP Canada’s privacy program.
- Monitor the privacy mailbox and access requests made by data subjects.
- Oversee the internal and external privacy web pages and the privacy program document repository.
What sets you apart…
- Bachelor’s degree in law or other related qualifications.
- Accumulated 7 to 10 years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of interpreting and applying government laws and regulations that direct privacy and data protection, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- He has experience developing privacy software.
- An Information Security Professional certification (such as the CIPP certification) is an asset.
- Have interpersonal skills and be able to persuade and lead people.
- Fluency in English and French is mandatory
- Knowing another language is an advantage
Health and safety are absolutely core values of WSP. Due to the importance of everyone’s safety and the growing list of clients who include vaccination status in their health and safety requirements, You must provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination to the WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional vaccination to maintain full vaccination status for COVID-19 if additional vaccination is recommended by your local public health authorities.
Job offers for positions that involve field work and are subject to safety are conditional on the candidates’ ability to perform the main physical duties of the job as described in the job offer and during the interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, to work alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
The use of the masculine includes the feminine and is used only to lighten the text
WSP welcomes and encourages people with reduced mobility. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates involved in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principle of equal employment. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies. For more information, please read the whole policy.
Please specify that you have seen the job offer on Droit-inc.com. Thanks.
“Subtly charming problem solver. Extreme tv enthusiast. Web scholar. Evil beer expert. Music nerd. Food junkie.”