WWE SmackDown Summary 15 January
WWE SmackDown, Saint Petersburg, ThunderDome
Commentators are Michael Cole and Corey Graves.
– Tonight is WWE SmackDown, the Blue Show begins with a video of what happened between Roman Reigns and Adam Pearce last week. Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman behind the scenes. Reigns reading his Royal Rumble contract, Heyman says they gave him the contract two minutes before the show started. It is the same contract as in all PPVs. Hates contract. There has to be a requirement for the Royal Rumble, which allows Reigns to be the same. He should teach fear and respect for Adam Pierce. Heyman takes the contract and leaves.
– Jey Uso comes in and welcomes us to SmackDown. They run the show, not Adam Pierce, not Kevin Owens, not the WWE world. His family is responsible. If Adam Pierce thinks we’re happy with SmackDown, let him think again. Despite everything he has, he should say, “Thank you Roman.” To get people to watch it and get it back in the ring for the first time in years, he has to thank Roman Reigns. Ji Usu announced that he will be in the Royal Rumble match. If he wins, he will go to RAW and defeat Drew McIntyre, Goldberg, or any champ. Before the rumble, he’s dealing with Shinsuke Nakamura. Everyone talks about Gauntlet Match, you survived against many opponents. Nakamura defeated Mysterio, Corbyn and Brian. When they said Nakamura was over, he was outside. If Nakamura thinks he’s strong, let him come. Once he’s past his family, he’s out of ThunderDome in an ambulance.
Shinsuke Nakamura arrives and says if his cousin is the big dog, that makes him his little dog, then kicks him.
Ji Usu vs Shinsuke Nakamura
During the match, Cesaro enters and sits at the comment table. Announces his participation in the Royal Rumble match.
At the end of the match, Jey Uso attempts a roll-up using ropes. The referee sees it and continues the match. Nakamura stuns Ji Usu with Kinshasa to win the pinning.
Jagannant: Shinsuke Nakamura
After the match, Cesaro celebrates with Shinsuke Nakamura.
– Behind the scenes, Adam Pierce with Sonya Deville. Paul Heyman comes up with the revised contract and tells Pierce he has the chance of a lifetime. Not only will he be in the main event of the Royal Rumble, but it’s also an opportunity he never had. He has a chance at the world title, plus the condition is in his favor. It will be a match without disqualification. Adam Pierce says he will sign it.
– Behind the scenes, Ji Usu gets angry at the referee (Charles Robinson), who tells him that his feet were on the ropes so that he could not secure them. Uso threatens Robison’s work, asking him to do his job.
– Behind the scenes, Kayla Braxton with Street Profits to reconsider their loss of tag team titles. Ford says they won the titles on March 2, 2020 and have been champions for 312 days. Not accepting the challenge of current champions would have ended the legacy they are trying to establish. Roode and Ziggler may be heroes now, but Street Profits will make a comeback.
– Behind the scenes, Roman Reigns talks with Apollo Cruz. Paul Heyman is back with the contract. Reigns tells Cruise to stay and learn. Reigns says he won’t sign this contract because he doesn’t want a non-disqualification match, but rather a permanent match. Heyman says Adam Pierce will not accept the Last Man Standing match. Reigns tells him to sign the contract in the ring tonight.
– Billy Kay debuted with Riott Squad then made it to the commentary table.
Natalia (accompanied by Tamina) vs. Lev Morgan (accompanied by Robbie Riott and Billy Kay)
At the end of the match, Tamina terrifies Billy Kay who enters the ring to escape. Liv Morgan is surprised, Natalia takes the opportunity to buckle down to victory.
Dominic Mysterio at the comment table for the next match.
Rey Mysterio against King Corbyn
At the end of the match, Dominic Mysterio ascended to the battlefield. King Corbin pays Rey Mysterio against his son and gives him the end of days for victory.
Jagnant: King Corbyn
– Behind the scenes, Paul Heyman meets Adam Pierce behind the scenes and explains the situation for him with Roman Reigns. Pierce asks who will benefit. Heyman says he’s not into spoilers, and tells him to take his time and get him in the ring against Roman Reigns.
– Behind the scenes, Ray Mysterio with Dominic. The latter tells his father that he has encountered giants throughout his career, but he retreats there. Rey Mysterio says he’s not holding back. He talks about what Corbyn has accomplished during his career, but Dominic doesn’t care. Rey Mysterio says that if they want to take care of Corbyn, he knows who he’s talking to.
– Bailey is in the ring and asks us to welcome Bianca Belair. Belair walks through the door and Bailey asks him to sit down. Bailey talked about Bianca Piller’s WWE Network documentary, of which a clip was shown, in which Bailey is seen commenting Bianca Piller. Bailey apologizes for this and asks her why her name is EST in WWE. Belair replied that she was for everything she did before coming to WWE. Bailey asks if it was an insult to the woman who opened the way for him.
Bailey asks if she has become the best by defeating Bianca Piller. Belair replied that they might have a rematch. Bailey says she has nothing to prove. She has an idea, they can do an obstacle course next week. Belair accepts the challenge.
– Behind the scenes, Daniel Bryan with Otis and Chad Gabel. Brian says the Alfra Academy can help him with the Royal Rumble. He was asked about the impact of his loss to Shinsuke Nakamura. Brian replies that Nakamura is the former winner of the Royal Rumble, and he shook hands after the match.
Daniel Brian opposite Cesaro
At the end of the match, Cesaro made a big leap and the Neutralizer followed him to Daniel Bryan for victory.
– Behind the scenes, Kayla Braxton with Carmela. The latter says she told the truth about Sasha Banks. When it comes to natural talents, she just can’t touch it. Where are the banks? She’s hiding from her … Sasha Banks arrives and says Carmella can play a match against her if Banks has a match with Reginald first.
Big E is in the ringside for the next match.
Apollo Cruz vs Sami Zain
At the end of the match, Apollo Cruz defends Sami Zayn to victory.
Jagannant: Apollo Cruz
Next week, she will face Apollo Cruz Big E for the Intercontinental Championship. We will also have an obstacle course between Bailey and Bianca Belair.
– Roman Reigns, Paul Heyman, and J Osso debut. Then Adam Pierce comes with the contract, then sits in a chair. Ji Usu pulled him out of the chair. Reigns tells Pearce to sign the contract. Pierce signs the contract, followed by Reigns. Pearce says he waited all night for Reigns to sign him. Reigns doesn’t understand, Pierce is limping on stage. Pierce says he has an old wound back. WWE’s contract still says the same thing: The card is subject to change. As a WWE official, he reserves his right because he doesn’t think he’s given medical clearance, so he will find a replacement. Kevin Owens arrives and signs a contract. The show ends like this
Image credit: WWE